Christmas Cookie Decorating Kit
What a fun activity to do for Christmas!
Decorate cookies to bring to your family celebration or bring a few kits as a fun activity to do there!
Each kit includes:
*5 mitten cookies, 5 Santa's hat cookies,
*red and white royal icing,
*clear sanding sugar.
$21 per kit.
These kits are for local pick up only.
Inside Piece O' Cake.
2401 Whittier Drive, Suite C, Frederick, MD 21702
Pick Up Dates:
Saturday, Dec 21, 10 am - 6 pm
Monday, Dec 23, 11 am - 5 pm
Pre-order ahead and make payment before I close out.
Before you decorate - REALLY IMPORTANT - Massage the icing bags for a minute or two. The water separates out of the icing as it sits. You'll see that it's a darker color on one side. Massage the icing bags - mixing them up until it's all one color. If you don't mix, it will appear streaky as you cover the cookies. If you see that, just pinch the top closed and massage the bag again.
At check out - Please ignore the automated pick up date listed. Kits are for pick up on the date you choose from the drop down only (or any day after that during open hours).
You will use this medium consistency for both outlining and covering the cookies.
Have toothpicks on hand to help spread the icing. Immediately shaking or tapping the cookie also helps to spread the icing evenly.
Keep the kits at room temp. No need to refrigerate.
Once you're ready to decorate, here's what you do:
1. Massage the icing bags for about a minute each to re-mix the icing. If many hands will be decorating, you can divide icing into a few baggies
(or even use a spoon if it's easier for little ones).
2. Snip a *tiny* hole from each icing bag.
3. Outline your cookies. Let that dry for a few minutes. This will act as a wall to hold in your base icing.
4. Snip the hole a bit larger. Cover your cookies with icing. Use a toothpick (or shake/tap the cookie) if necessary to move the icing.
5. While the icing is wet, drop on any pearls, confetti, sugar.
6. Allow cookies to dry overnight at room temperature before covering, stacking, bagging, or putting into air-tight container.
7. Share with family and enjoy!
8. I'd love to see your decorated cookies! Tag me on facebook or Instagram @SugarDotCookies
All sales are final.