Cupcakes and Candy - Cookie Decorating Kit / Online Party: pickup 4/22, party 4/23
As per Governor Hogan's directive on March 30th to stay home except for essential activities, I’ve decided to suspend the sale of my cookie kits. In an effort to encourage others to stay home, I’m not offering any curbside pickups – for now. Hopefully this will change in a few weeks. Please follow me on Instagram for updates.
*****************At home looking for something fun to do with the kids? I've got you covered! Decorate cookies together! But there's more..... Decorate cookies with me online! You can even invite your friends and the kids' friends! We'll all be able to see each other in an online party room!
Each cookie decorating kit is meant for one person. It includes 4-5 cookies, icing bags, and sometimes sprinkles. No need to share supplies.
I'll be working on making and photographing cookie samples in the coming weeks and adding more kits/parties. Listings will be updated with cookie photos.
Cupcakes and Candy Cookies-
Kit pick ups: Wednesday, April 22nd, 10 am to noon
Online Party: Thursday, April 23rd, 1 pm - 2 pm
These kits are for local pick up only. Curbside pick up. Kits will be brought out to you.
Use code "localpickup" at checkout so that you aren't charged for shipping.
After purchase, you will be emailed a link to the online party room. Do you have to attend the party? Of course not! Decorate your cookies at your own leisure, any old time. Scroll down for decorating instructions.
If you do attend the party - arrive on time! I will demonstrate how to decorate the cookies in the first 10 to 15 minutes. Do not miss it. I won't be able to repeat it. After the demo you'll be let loose to decorate. We'll all hang out in the online party room for the rest of the hour. I'll be there to answer questions and watch your progress.
Kids will need adult supervision. They'll definitely need help to cut TINY holes in the icing bags.
Pre-order ahead and make payment before these kits sell out or I close out.
Pick up location: inside Piece O' Cake.
2401 Whittier Drive, Suite C, Frederick, MD 21702
Click here to see all available kits/parties...
Additional supplies needed:
Napkins, damp paper towel or a damp cloth and a pair of scissors is the only extra supply that you will really need. Icing bags will need to be wiped occasionally if they get messy. Boo boo sticks also need to be kept clean. Scissors are needed to cut a hole in each piping bag.
Optional supplies for purchase:
Cookie trays - One tray for each person to decorate on and to leave cookies on to dry. (You can always use a tray or large, flatplate at home.)
Boo Boo Sticks - These are great for moving around/smoothing icing and scraping off mistakes. (You could use toothpicks, spoons, or butter knives from home.)
Tweezers - They make placing sprinkles easy (and fun!). (You could just use your fingers.)
You will receive just one medium consistency of royal icing. It is not a thin flood icing.
You will use this medium consistency for both outlining and flooding (covering) the cookies.
Keep the kits at room temp. No need to refrigerate.
When you're ready to decorate, here's what you do:
1. Massage the icing bags to re-mix the icing. Don't forget this very important step. The icing separates in the bags over time so needs to be mixed together again. (If you see streaky icing when decorating, pinch the hole closed then massage again.)
2. Snip a *tiny* hole from each icing bag. TINY! Tiny - like the size of the tip of a thin marker.
3. Outline all your cookies. Let that dry for a few minutes. This will act as a wall to hold in your base icing.
4. Snip the hole a bit larger. Flood (cover) all your cookies with icing. Use a boo boo stick, toothpick, butter knife, or spoon (or shake/tap the cookie) if necessary to move the icing.
5. While the icing is wet, drop on any , sprinkles, pearls, confetti, sugar. Add any icing details.
6. Allow cookies to dry overnight at room temperature before covering, stacking, bagging, or putting into air-tight container.
7. Share with family and enjoy!
8. I'd love to see your decorated cookies! Tag me on facebook or Instagram @SugarDotCookies
All kit sales are final. If you miss pick up, you'll have to wait for the next pick up time.If you miss the party, you won't be moved into another at a later date.